CMC MPD-CE (Multi Purpose Device)
Pulley/descender/belay device – an innovation in rope rescue!
POA: Please email email@example.com for a quote.
“The CMC Rescue MPD allows you to go from lowering to raising without changing hardware. More than nine years of research and development went into the patented Multi-Purpose Device (MPD), which features major innovations in advanced technical hardware for rope rescue professionals. The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, expediting the rescue. The revolutionary MPD increases user safety with:
- Reduced Weight
- Fewer Components
- Faster Rigging
- Quick Changeovers
- Simplified Training
- Lower Risk
The MPD is CE Certified as a pulley and descent control device
- Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- Incorporates a high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
- Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
The MPD comes with a padded Cordura® nylon storage bag and User’s Manual.
(CMC Rescue MPD CE tested using 10.5 mm and 11 mm Teufelberger PATRON rope).“