Your privacy is important to us
This statement explains how Rig Systems Ltd. uses and protects any personal information that you provide to the Company when using our website or taking a course.
Under the GDPR, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
We do not pass on your data to any third parties unless:
- There is a legitimate interest to do so, e.g. HMRC or Legal recovery of an unpaid account;
- To form-fill a contract between us e.g. Deliver a parcel or claim a certificate from an awarding body.
In all cases, you can be sure that:
- We will not sell your data;
- We will act fairly and transparently;
- We will always tell you what information we hold and how it is used;
- We will always keep your data safe and private;
- We will not keep this data for longer than necessary for its purpose and will dispose of it securely.
Lawful basis for processing
We have identified a number of reasons to process your data:
- Consent: Where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, such as email marketing or newsletters, if, after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent at any time;
- Contract: the processing of your personal data is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract e.g. supply of quotations, goods or training courses;
- Legal obligation: the processing of your personal data is necessary for us to comply with the law e.g. an HSE or HMRC investigation;
- Legitimate interests: the processing of your personal data is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, e.g. a health statement prior to starting a strenuous training course or expiry of a timed certificate.
What do we collect?
We may collect, store and process the following personal data:
- Your name and/or business name;
- E-mail address and emails;
- Postal address;
- Telephone numbers;
- Job role;
- Payment details;
- Purchase history;
- Course attainment.
How you provide information to us
- Enter into a contract with us to receive products and/or services;
- Complete a form on our website;
- Correspond with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing;
- Report a problem;
- Sign up to receive our communications;
- Create an account with us.
If you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following technical information including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Login information;
- Browser type and version;
- Time zone setting;
- Browser plug-in types and versions;
- Operating system and platform.
Special category data
In certain limited cases, we may collect certain special category data from you (that is, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data). However, we will only do so on the basis of your explicit consent and where there is a legitimate reason for doing so such as where the law governing certain activities requires a physical or mental fitness criteria.
What don’t we store?
We DO NOT store credit card details or any online payment details.
Out of country data transfer
We will only transfer your data out of country when it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract between us or for pre-contractual steps taken at your request;
- necessary for the performance of a contract made in your interests between us and another person.
In all cases we will inform you.
How long do we store your data?
We will only store your data for as long as is strictly necessary, for example:
- Training records – 3 years, unless an awarding body requires a specific term;
- Equipment sales – 10 years;
- Enquiries and quotes – 6 months.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data – please note there are exceptions to these rights and each request will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
In all cases you will need to provide us with enough written or verbal information to positively identify you.
We may be unable to make all information available to you if, for example:
- Making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person;
- If we are legally prevented from disclosing such information;
- If your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We will respond with 30 days of request. If we are unable to comply with your request due to an exception we will explain this to you in our response
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at the postal address given below.
Right to Rectification
We aim to keep your personal data accurate and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where, for example:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- You withdraw your consent to processing;
- There is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue to process your personal data;
- Your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
Right to object
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where, for example:
- Your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interests and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue to process your personal data;
- Your data is being processed for direct marketing purposes.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the further processing of your personal data. This right arises where:
- You have contested the accuracy of the personal data we hold about you and we are verifying the information;
- You have objected to processing based on legitimate interests and we are considering whether there are any overriding legitimate interests;
- The processing is unlawful, and you elect that processing is restricted rather than deleted.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request that your personal data is provided to you, or directly to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format. This right arises where you have provided your personal data to us, the processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract, and processing is carried out by automated means.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about your personal data, or anything pertaining to this or any other Rig Systems Ltd policy, you can contact us:
- Via post:
- FAO Data Controller,
Rig Systems Ltd,
Meldon Quarry Training Centre,
- FAO Data Controller,
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. No personal information is collected or stored. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to share our content across your social networks.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. No personal information is collected or stored. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. No personal information is collected or stored. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. No personal information is collected or stored.
The following is a list of specific cookies that our website uses:
These cookies are set by your browser to protect users against known intrusive sites and to notify you or take action when you enter one. Visitors can turn these cookies off by turning off the ‘safe browser’ mode.
|These cookies are used by Google to store user preference and information when viewing pages with Google maps on them.|
This allows us to use and promote our business using Google, including Google+.
Google use this security cookie authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorised parties.
|Social Media Cookies||_lipt,
|These are used to allow you to easily share our content and to integrate our site into your social networks if you wish to do so.|
|These are analytics cookies that are used to monitor your website experience and to make it better.|
These are performance cookies, used to remember your settings to give you the best possible experience of our website.
How Can I Check If Cookies Are Enabled?
There are a number of browsers available that will all have their own unique way of setting cookies, for assistance with these individual browsers please refer to their relevant help section:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
If you have any questions or concerns about any of our policies, please email us at: Info@rigsystems.co.uk
Further general information about cookies is available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
For further information about Google Analytics please see http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
To prevent tracking by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you would like further information about the cookies used in relation to YouTube videos, the YouTube privacy notice, including details about YouTube related cookies, visit: http://www.youtube.com/t/privacy.