PO004: Police Officer Safe Work at Height Supervisor
Who is this course for?
Police Officers who are required to act as a supervisor or in an internal training role to safely control Work at Height using a range of equipment and techniques.
The course is designed to provide officers with the ability to control work at height including:
- Selection of the most appropriate means of access
- Controlling rope access deployments
- The skills required to plan, supervise and perform rescues
- The ability to act as the competent person for inspection, care and maintenance of equipment required for deployment
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train (if unsure, please contact us). The minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
This course is for Police Officers who have successfully completed the Police Officer Safe Work at Height Operator course and ideally either hold, or are working towards, a recognised teaching qualification.
A theoretical and practical course building on the operators course and covering:
- Height related legislation
- Controls for work at height equipment
- Operational risk assessments
- Operational safety method Statements
- Candidate selection
- Assessment procedures
- Instructional safety considerations
- Advanced rigging techniques
- Advanced work positioning techniques
- Advanced rescue techniques including counter-balance rescues
- Safety officer checks
Delivery method and assesment
Practical scenario based assessment and short written test. The candidates’ ability to deliver theoretical and practical work at height training will also be assessed.