HA001: HART - Inland Water Operative
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for HART members to educate them on several aspects of working on inland water operations safely.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train (if unsure, please contact us). The minimum age for candidates is 18 years. Must be a confident swimmer and have completed a water awareness course.
- Role of HART operative at water incidents
- Training and operational standards
- Working with other agencies
- Application of scene management and dynamic risk assessment
- The role of the technician within incident structure
- Search procedures
- Hazards and hydrology
- Swimming in moving water
- Rescue techniques
- Basic boat paddling and handling
- Rope based rescue systems
- Application of specialist rescue equipment
- Shallow water techniques
- Casualty management
- Flood awareness
- Entrapment drills
- Night operations
- Medical decontamination considerations
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.