FA005: QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Who is this course for?
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (QCF) qualification is perfect for:
- Parents or family members who want to learn key paediatric first aid skills
- Those who work with children and are not required to comply with Ofsted’s Childcare Register or EYFS requirements
- Those who want to provide additional support in their organisation to the paediatric first aiders that are trained to meet EYFS or Ofsted Childcare Register requirements
Those who need to comply with Ofsted’s Childcare Register or EYFS requirements should complete the 2 day QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF).
Successful participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the skills needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, such as performing CPR and dealing with wounds and bleeding.
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- Wounds and bleeding
- Accident recording
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.