WH014: Basic Tower Climber
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who require training to safely climb open steelwork including working outside of a working platform.
Due to the physical nature of work at height candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self declaration of fitness to train. There are no prior learning requirements.
The course has theory and practical elements:
- Height related Legislation
- Selection criteria and inspection of height related PPE
- Hierarchy of control
- Risk assessments and SSOW
- Safe use of PPE
- Work restraint
- Fall arrest
- Climbing ladders
- Simple lifting
- Rescue and recovery demonstrations
Please note: This course does not cover RF awareness.
Delivery method and assesment
- A practical assessment covering all practical skills
- Theory paper
This course is certificated by RIG Systems and successful candidates will be issued with a certificate and ID card valid for 3 years.