WH011: Safe Use of Portable Ladders
- £116.50 + VAT
- Lunch is included in the course price.
Who is this course for?
Any person required to use or inspect ladders during the course of their work. The course is equally suitable for industry, utilities, services and construction.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train, (if unsure, please contact us), the minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: At the end of the course delegates will:
- Be aware of relevant workplace legislation
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Know the basic principles for the safe use of ladders and step ladders
- Be able to identify various common defects of ladders and step ladders, and carry out routine inspections
- HSE Statistics
- Health & Safety Law
- Risk assessment
- Ladder and step ladder safety
- Common defects found with ladders and step ladders
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.