WH006: Personal Fall Arrest
- £186.50 + VAT
- Lunch is included in the course price.
Who is this course for?
This one-day course is suitable for roof workers, scaffolders, maintenance engineers, mast and tower climbers or any industry where persons are required to work where there is a risk of falling from height.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train, (if unsure, please contact us), the minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
OBJECTIVE: To train the candidate to work safely at height using individual fall minimisation control measures to climb vertically and horizontally.
- Basic H&S law and requirements (as relevant to WAH)
- Suitability surveys and clearance requirements
- Hazard Analysis
- Risk Assessments
- Permit to Work systems
- Pre-use inspection of PPE
- Quarantine rules
- Basic operator maintenance and storage of equipment
- PPE donning and fit
- Fall arrest climbing, vertical and horizontal
- Basic hands free positioning
- Fixed systems
- Rescue considerations
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and continuous practical assessment.