WH004: Equipment Inspection Competent Persons
- £366.50 + VAT
- Lunch is included in the course price.
Who is this course for?
Employers, the self-employed, and any person that controls the issue of work at height equipment.
Due to the physical nature of work at height candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train. It is recommended that attendees have a good working knowledge of this type of equipment.
Candidates must be fluent in English and the minimum age is 18 years.
To train Competent Persons to examine Fall Protection Equipment and related PPE in line with PPE92, PUWER98, LOLER98 and Working at Height Regulations 2005.
- Be proficient to thoroughly examine and inspect fall protection equipment currently used throughout industry and the Emergency Services in accordance with LOLER98 competent person’s stipulations.
- Possess an understanding of current health and safety legislation in relation to height related equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of EN and British Standards with regards to Working at Height equipment.
- Have a detailed understanding of equipment inspection, maintenance and disposal documentation / procedures, as specified in Working at Height Regulations 2005.
Delivery method and assesment
Theory paper and practical examination.