WH003: Class A1 Anchor Bolt Installation
Who is this course for?
The course is designed to cover both the theoretical and practical training required to enable personnel to install Fall Arrest and Abseil anchor devices, which comply with EN795 Class A1 in accordance with Manufacturers specifications and BS7883 Code of Practice.
Due to the physical nature of the activities candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train.
It would be a benefit to learners to have prior experience/ training with hand held power tools and have received work at height legislation and techniques training.
- Relevant health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of BS EN795: 1997 protection against falls from height – Anchor devices, requirements and testing
- Knowledge of BS7883: 2005 Code of Practice for the design, selection, installation, use and maintenance of anchor devices conforming to BS EN795
- Positioning of eyebolts
- Installation techniques into concrete, brickwork and steel
- Installing for use with BS 7985:2002 Code of practice for the use of rope access methods for industrial purposes
- Periodic thorough examinations
Delivery method and assesment
Demonstration of techniques as taught