CS004: Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces (6160-07)
Who is this course for?
Aimed at persons who have attended the working in high risk confined space award, and are now required to act as part of a rescue team who may need to enter and assist persons in a confined space in the event of an emergency.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train (if unsure, please contact us).
The minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
Level 2 working in High Risk Confined Spaces is a compulsory prerequisite for this course; this training can be delivered as a 5 day to include the 3 day high risk course.
To ensure confined space workers have up-to-date knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Prepare to work safely in confined spaces in emergency conditions
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Use rescue equipment safely and in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.
Valid for 3 years.
This course meets the requirements of the C&G Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces 6150-05 - Water and 55 - Non water.