CS002: Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces (Top Man) (Entrant) (6160-02)
- With City & Guilds certification: £393.70 + VAT
- With RIG Systems certification: £350.50 + VAT
- Lunch is included in the course price.
Who is this course for?
The aim of this unit is to assess learners against the national standard in a realistic medium risk environment preparing to work safely; entering and exiting confined spaces safely; preparing and using appropriate respiratory protective equipment (RPE); using equipment and tools safely; following procedures and dealing with emergencies.
The course also incorporates the "Top Man" qualification.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train (if unsure, please contact us).
The minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use escape breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturer's specification
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
This unit is about working in confined space environments where there is a medium risk that a specified hazard may be present. It will require the use of escape breathing apparatus. It will involve the presence of one or more people - positioned outside the confined space - who have designated responsibilities for controlling the entry and dealing with emergencies (see National Occupational Standards for Overseeing Work in Confined Space, or Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces).
Entry into the confined space may involve:
- Vertical entry, normally using a ladder or man-riding winch, both requiring fall protection and means of assisted rescue such as a rescue winch
- Horizontal entry such as walking or climbing into the confined space or working away from the bottom of a vertical entry, with limited use of a rescue line. Such types of entry may involve more than one person entering the confined space
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.
Valid for 3 years
This course complies with the City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces (6150-02 - Water and 6150-52 – Non water).