CS001: Level 2 Award in Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (6150-01)
- With City & Guilds certification: £222.20 + VAT
- With RIG Systems certification: £185.50 + VAT
- Lunch is included in the course price.
Who is this course for?
The aim of this unit is to assess learners against the national standard in a realistic low risk environment preparing to work safely; entering and exiting confined spaces safely; using equipment and tools safely; following procedures and dealing with emergencies.
This unit is about working in an environment with low risk entry with adequate natural or mechanical ventilation. Access appears simple and unobstructed, and there is no likely risk of flooding (for example meter pits, valve chambers, stairwells).
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train (if unsure, please contact us).
The minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
- Prepare to work safely in low risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
Covers good practice to be followed when planning to enter a low risk confined space.
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.
Valid for 3 years.
This course complies with the City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces (6150-01 - Water and 6150-51 – Non water).