GWOFAR: GWO First Aid Refresher
- £174 + VAT
Who is this course for?
The aim of this BST (Basic Safety Training) Module is to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
All personnel participating in Basic Safety Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
Training providers shall have a procedure that requires Delegates to sign a statement stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under influence of any narcotic substance or alcohol.
Delegates’ signatures testifying to their medical fitness shall be collected prior to the start of the basic safety training course.
Furthermore, Delegates shall have created a personal Delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the BST training.
A theoretical and practical course covering:
- Global and National Legislation
- The skills required and the role of the first aider including
- the use of available equipment
- recording of incidents and accidents
- Lifesaving First Aid including
- Primary survey (A – Airway, B – Breathing, c – Circulation) and secondary survey
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- AED use and limitations
- Ordinary first aid situations
- Minor to serious incidents
- Psychological First Aid