PO003: Police Safe Work at Height Operator
Who is this course for?
Police officers required to work at height in the course of their duties using a range of equipment and techniques including rope access, work positioning and fall arrest.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train, (if unsure, please contact us), the minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
This course is for police officers required and pre-selected to work at height.
Prior experience of working at height is an advantage but not essential.
A theoretical and practical course covering:
- Height Related Legislation
- PPE 92 (European Directive 89/686/EEC)
- PUWER 987
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Equipment inspections and records
- Pre use checks
- SSOW documentation
- Safety Officer role
- Pre-Use Checks
- Common Knots
- Basic Rigging and anchor systems
- Work Restraint
- Fall Arrest
- Suspension syncope
- Rope Access Hardware
- Basic Work positioning skills
- Safe incorporation of other work Equipment
- Planning for rescues and importance of rescue provision
- Rescue of a casualty in ascent and descent
- Use of pre-packed Rescue systems
- Raising systems
Delivery method and assesment
Practical scenario based assessment and short written test.
This course is certificated by RIG Systems and successful candidates will be issued with a certificate and ID card valid for 3 years.