CS006: Level 3 Award in Top Man Persons for High Risk Confined Spaces (6150-14)
Who is this course for?
Aimed at persons who are required to supervise entry into High Risk (NC4) Confined Spaces and coordinate a response in the event of an emergency.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train (if unsure, please contact us).
The minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
- Prepare to act as a safety attendant for confined space work teams
- Oversee safe entry to and exit from confined spaces
- Monitor work and ensure safe procedures are followed
- Prepare for and deal with emergencies as they arise
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour for carrying out Top Person work in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate knowledge for carrying out Top Person duties in high risk confined spaces
Delivery method and assesment
Lectures and practical elements. The course assessment is by short written test and a heavy emphasis on continuous practical assessment.
Valid for 3 years.
The course is a level 3 award and meets the requirements of City & Guilds 6150-14 (Water) and 54 (Non water).