CS007: Confined Space Access and Rescue including Working at Height (CONSAR)
Who is this course for?
This three day course is specially designed to meet the requirements of the extractive industry and is suitable for workers who are required to enter or control entry into confined spaces in and around quarries, wash plants, coatings plants, and block plants. Because these specialist workplaces often include height risks when considering confined space, this course also includes a robust work at height safety element so fitters, plant mechanics, fabricators and engineers etc. can also adequately protect themselves at height whilst accessing confined spaces.
The minimum age for candidates is 18 years. Due to the physical nature of work at height, candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train and must have no contra indications for work at height or confined spaces.
There are no prior learning requirements.
OBJECTIVE: The aim of this course is to train you to safely control and enter basic and complex confined spaces and to control risks associated with work at height.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Categorise confined space and identify the confined space hazards
- Control the Safe entry into a confined space
- Be able to manage a confined space emergency
- Prepare and use escape breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Document and brief confined space workers on confined space documentation (SSOW, Risk Assessments & PTW)
- Prepare to work safely in a medium risk confined space
- Enter and exit a confined space safely and, in the unlikely event of an emergency, safely evacuate this space
- Be able to deal with a confined space casualty and be able to evacuate the casualty without causing further injuries
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Monitor a work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Be able to select and use working at height equipment safely
- Be able to work at height safely
Delivery method and assesment
Assessment of competence
- Two part practical assessment covering all practical skills
- Theory paper
This course can be certified through either MPA or RIG Systems. Contact us for further details.
Valid for 3 years