CS009: Advanced CONSAR with SCBA
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone responsible for planning, leading or training confined space rescue, and in particular it will appeal to Emergency Services and Rescue Team personnel.
Due to the physical nature of work at height candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness to train. This is a high level course, prior knowledge and experience of access, SCBA and rescue systems is a must and evidence will be required. The minimum age for candidates is 18 years.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Dynamically assess confined space incidents
- Make entry to IDLH atmosphere using gas tight suit and BA
- Carry out gross decontamination protocols
- Carry out user maintenance of a BA set
- Package a casualty
- Act as stretcher attendant
- Manage a casualty
- Undertake vertical accompanied lifts including 90° edge transitions
Delivery method and assesment
On completion of the knowledge and skill refresher stages, a practical and written assessment will be competed.